Saturday, May 17, 2008

First X-ray....

So last week we spent part of the week at Grandma Pat's house and Grandpa Tom's house. What fun a whole acre for Molly and Jacob to play on, a swing set with a slide and sand box. However, their house is built on a hill and Jacob decided to run down the high part of the hill. It was like a slow moving movie. Unfortunately, I was not able to catch him in time. He ran, tripped and fell half way down and then rolled the rest of the way down. He couldn't walk after he got up and kept falling back down. I was a little concerned and brought him into the house. He crawled around on the floor for about an hour after he tried walking a couple of times. We called our pediatrician and she recommended getting it x-rayed. However, when I took him to the doctor in Sheboygan, he talked me out of getting an x-ray and said let's wait and see. I should have insisted on an x-ray, for my piece of mind. He started to run on it later that evening, however he would limp every once in a while. So, Wednesday, Uncle Andy was going to an appointment at the VA hospital so Grandpa Tom, Jacob and I tagged along. Jacob had an x-ray done at Children's. Uncle Andy went to visit Great Aunt Gracie while we were at Children's. She was in the hospital for a month and is now back home.
We came back on Thursday and had a whirl wind Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Friday we decided to get Jacob out of the house and went to the zoo, came home, napped, uncle T.J. came over and we ordered Chinese, (Jacob had hot dogs and fries, he thought that there should be French Fries in the Chinese Carry-0ut bag) Jacob and I rushed to the airport to see Josh get off the plane, stopped at Pick-n-save to get a few things we needed. Saturday started off with swim class, Grandma Pat was able to see Jacob swim and splash. Then we cleaned like mad, went to Walmart to get things we needed for Sunday, cleaned some more, went to Walmart to pick up things we forgot the first time and finally went to bed. Sunday was baby dedication for Benjamin and we had grandma Pat, grandpa Tom, Uncle T.J., Nana, Papa, and Aunt Alisha over for Papa Murphy's pizza and cake!!!
This week has been adjusting to being back home and having Josh home again. Last week he was in California for a conference. Ben has been talking up a storm and laughing and giggling. He is quite the little jumping bean.

1 comment:

Amy said...

So...I assume that Jacob's okay? Nothing wrong on the x-ray?? I need closure!!! :)