Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Family, Friends and Fun!!

We have been on the go since last week Wednesday. I can't believe everything we have done in the last week. Josh and I decided to go down to Illinois last week Wednesday. He was kind of slow at work and his grandma and grandpa Toepfer are not doing so well, so we took a trip down to see Josh's family.
Before we left Josh needed to finish up a few things at work, so we went to a play date at the zoo. It was my first time at the zoo with the boys, by myself. Thankfully we were with lots of friends who helped out!! Their help was much appreciated. Oh yes, and before we went to the zoo, I got the boys in for a quick chiropractor appointment. They were suppose to go on Thursday, but since we wanted to head down to Illinois I got them in sooner.
It was a cozy trip down to Illinois. Molly our black lab is a big scary cat and freaks out when she is in back of our Jimmy with the luggage. It is like the sky is falling. So Miss Molly rides in the front seat and I ride in the back with the boys. It is a tight fit, but for now it is nice to be back there in case Ben needs a bottle or anything else. Jacob went to the farm two mornings, he fed the calves with Josh's cousin Emily, rode on tractors with Great Grandpa Shultz and saw a baby calf just after it was born. What more fun could a toddler have. The second morning he came back with manure all over the bottom of his shoes. We may have to invest in some rubber boots for the next time. We took a ride into Lanark to see Great Grandma Schultz. Friday mornings Nana does hair for a couple of ladies. One of the ladies has a daughter who use to teach named Rhonda. Jacob loves to hang out with Rhonda. They watch Pager's, that is Aunt Alisha's cat and Maggie, Aunt Alisha's dog. Jacob love to say "Hi" to them like they can understand him. He also likes to boss Page around. She looks at him and walks away. It is pretty entertaining. Saturday Josh and Jacob went to see Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Toepfer. Benjamin was sleeping so I stayed with him. Papa went along to cut the grass for Great Grandma and Grandpa. Saturday afternoon we headed back home.
Father's Day we spent with Grandma Pat, Grandpa Tom and Uncle T.J. , Uncle Andy had to work. We went to church and then met at T.J.'s house. We went to Chili's for lunch to celebrate Father's Day and Uncle T.J.'s birthday which was on the 12th.
Monday we cleaned and finished unpacking. Uncle Andy called and asked to come over for a bit. He was down at the VA Hospital for an eye doctor appointment and needed to go back later for an eye glasses fitting. So we got to spend time with Uncle Andy which was nice. Jacob loves his truck it is very loud. He also gets confused and calls him Uncle T.J. a lot. Andy held Benjamin for the first time. Ben is finally getting to the stage where you don't feel like you might break him. Ben thought Andy was funny. Monday evening my husband sat in the living room staring down 3 rabbits in our front yard. As soon as they went in back he sent Molly after them. Then he talked about getting a Bebe gun. I don't think you can shoot rabbits in the city hunny. I told him to put his fence up. It took him a while but his garden is protected by a 30" high fence. He can sleep soundly at night knowing his vegetables are protected from the rabbits. Ben and I decided Josh was a little goofy that night.
Tuesday evening we had friends that are missionaries in England come to visit. We had a great time with Darin and Joy catching up. They have two girls, Ella who is 2 1/2 and Kiera who is 1. Josh tried to brush up on his British terminology. He was a little off.
That brings us to today. This morning we had one of our neighbor boys come over to play. Poor little Andrew didn't know what to do. His older sister Lilly is in day care and he seems so lost without her. Maybe Jacob can break him out of his shell. Then at lunchtime Joy stopped by with Ella and Kiera. We had lunch and then Jacob, Ella and Kiera played for a bit before nap-time. They are just adorable. Jacob went to bed yelling for Ella. Then we took a walk to Mike and Karen Good's to drop off the booster seat that we forgot to send back with Joy. Ben was in the baby Bjorn, Jacob in his wagon with the booster seat and Molly. If you ever want some good entertainment, you should see me walking with my small pose. My neighbors must think I am crazy. I know they already laugh at me when I cut my yard with my manual lawn mower. Like I always say, there is never a dull moment in the Toepfer household.

Oh yes, I also came to the realization this weekend that my baby is going to be turning 2 years old. It feels like just yesterday we were anxiously awaiting Jacobs arrival. We waited so long for him and the Lord has blessed us so very much. I can't imagine life with out the two little boys that God has borrowed to us.

No comments: