This past weekend we went to Grandma Pat's house and Grandpa Tom's house. My cousin Becky was getting married and I thought it would be a great time for Ben to see some of our extended family. I am just not use to getting 2 extra people ready for a special event yet. Especially a little one who has random growth spurts. Actually it probably is the loss of sleep. Ben still is not totally recovered from being sick. Jacob and Benjamin went into the doctor last Thursday before we left. Friday I had to collect some samples to send into the lab so we could make sure they don't have anything more serious. Jacob is doing much better, however Ben is still not back to normal. Hopefully we will find out tomorrow what is going on with him.
We were not able to leave till Saturday morning, because Jacob had his last swim class for the session. So we headed up to meet my parents at the Sheboygan Northside Wal-mart were Grandma Pat works. They were having a car show at Wal-mart. Grandma was all excited to show Jacob a Duke's of Hazard car that was actually used in the show and was signed by all the cast members. It was cool till we found out who owned the car. (It is a really long story.) So then we rushed home to my parents house to eat and get the boys down for a nap. Grandpa Tom and Josh stayed with the boys, while my mom and I went to the wedding. It was a beautiful wedding.
We headed to the reception in Two Rivers and thought we would have a nice evening with family. We haven't been out much at night because Ben doesn't do well. Since we haven't been out in a while we forgot. Sooo, I spend half the evening and Grandma Pat the other half trying to calm Ben down. Thankfully my Aunt Julie had a room were the reception was at and a laptop computer and classical music. It is amazing how classical music can turn one upset little baby into a sleeping baby.
The weekend did not go quite as I hoped, but now days, I never know what to expect. The only thing I do know, is that Josh and I are very blessed to have two little boys. We are so thankful for them, they are tons of fun even with the not-so-fun things that happen. I wish I could write down all the funny things Jacob does, however if I did, I would miss some of them. His new thing to do is to drink out of a plastic mug I have. He goes into the fridge and gets water and walks around just like he sees me and sips it like it is tea or something. He is can be quite the funny little man.
No comments:
Post a Comment