August Trip to the Farm
About the second week after Josh's surgery he wanted to go down to Illinois to visit his family and get the boy's mind off of the fact that they could not be rough with daddy. So, I packed us up and drove us down to Illinois. We got down there on Monday afternoon. Jacob was busting at the seems to be down there.
Tuesday morning we headed over to the farm. Ben was not real happy to be wearing boots...until he got to ride on the mini-tractor and gator. The boys had a blast driving around the farm in Uncle Ronnie's new toys. I never knew how exciting it could be for little boys to see cows and ride on tractors.
Wednesday morning we headed over to see Great Grandpa Toepfer. Great Grandpa had not been able to see Ben last time since he was sick. Ben was kind of sick again, but we hated to have Great Grandpa not see him again. Great Grandpa was kind of bummed not to see him last time. We were not sure how Ben would do since he had not seen him in a while and Ben is kind of shy at first. Ben warmed up to him quickly. Jacob and Benjamin were great with Great Grandpa Toepfer.
Wednesday evening we headed over to Great Grandma and Grandpa Schultz's house. Papa had a meeting for all the Ag Teachers in his district at their house. Nana and Alisha picked up pizza and brought it over to Great Grandma and Grandpa Schultz's house. It was fun to visit with Great Grandma and play with the tractors and stuffed animals that dance and make noises. Around bedtime we headed back to Nana and Papa's house. We thought Papa's meeting was all done. It was not quite done and Jacob ran out onto the deck and yelled "Papa, Papa" right in the middle of the meeting. Finally, we got him back in the house, bathed and ready for bed. He really had no idea, what he really did, he just wanted to see Papa.
Thursday, Grandma Schultz made a huge meal for lunch. We had canned meat, mashed potatoes, corn, fruit and salads. Then afterwards we helped husk corn for a little while before we took the boys back to Nana and Papa's for a nap. Jacob was thrilled to sit on the back of Great Grandpa Schultz's truck and husk corn. We brought back about 20 ears of corn that we husked at home here and I froze. Everytime we have corn, Jacob says, "I like the corn, I husked." Who knew husking corn could be so exciting.
Friday we headed back home, I wasn't feeling the best, Ben's cold was getting worse and Josh was not feeling to well either. It was the longest trip back from Illinois ever!!! Beside all the construction on I-90 and I-43. We ran into rain and an accident that had traffic backed up for miles on I-90. It was such a long trip we needed to stop in Beloit at Jacob's favorite restaurant to eat lunch. I was never so happy to get home.
Tuesday morning we headed over to the farm. Ben was not real happy to be wearing boots...until he got to ride on the mini-tractor and gator. The boys had a blast driving around the farm in Uncle Ronnie's new toys. I never knew how exciting it could be for little boys to see cows and ride on tractors.
Wednesday morning we headed over to see Great Grandpa Toepfer. Great Grandpa had not been able to see Ben last time since he was sick. Ben was kind of sick again, but we hated to have Great Grandpa not see him again. Great Grandpa was kind of bummed not to see him last time. We were not sure how Ben would do since he had not seen him in a while and Ben is kind of shy at first. Ben warmed up to him quickly. Jacob and Benjamin were great with Great Grandpa Toepfer.
Wednesday evening we headed over to Great Grandma and Grandpa Schultz's house. Papa had a meeting for all the Ag Teachers in his district at their house. Nana and Alisha picked up pizza and brought it over to Great Grandma and Grandpa Schultz's house. It was fun to visit with Great Grandma and play with the tractors and stuffed animals that dance and make noises. Around bedtime we headed back to Nana and Papa's house. We thought Papa's meeting was all done. It was not quite done and Jacob ran out onto the deck and yelled "Papa, Papa" right in the middle of the meeting. Finally, we got him back in the house, bathed and ready for bed. He really had no idea, what he really did, he just wanted to see Papa.
Thursday, Grandma Schultz made a huge meal for lunch. We had canned meat, mashed potatoes, corn, fruit and salads. Then afterwards we helped husk corn for a little while before we took the boys back to Nana and Papa's for a nap. Jacob was thrilled to sit on the back of Great Grandpa Schultz's truck and husk corn. We brought back about 20 ears of corn that we husked at home here and I froze. Everytime we have corn, Jacob says, "I like the corn, I husked." Who knew husking corn could be so exciting.
Friday we headed back home, I wasn't feeling the best, Ben's cold was getting worse and Josh was not feeling to well either. It was the longest trip back from Illinois ever!!! Beside all the construction on I-90 and I-43. We ran into rain and an accident that had traffic backed up for miles on I-90. It was such a long trip we needed to stop in Beloit at Jacob's favorite restaurant to eat lunch. I was never so happy to get home.
No comments:
Post a Comment