Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pioneer Days


A co-worker of Josh's had given him information on Pioneer Days in Oak Creek. So, after swim classes on Saturday morning we headed down to Oak Creek to see tractors, more tractors and more tractors. It was a fun time seeing old tractors, a thrasher, and a planer that was operated by a tractor. Jacob was shy at first, but then he kept saying "Dad there is another one, there is another one." They also had toy tractors for sale, Jacob was in little boy heaven. There was one trailer we would go thru and then he would walk back in again to look at all the different toy tractors. Ben seemed to enjoy watching everything too. Really I think he wanted to walk around with Jacob and dad. I am not sure I am ready for that quite yet, he is only going to be 8 months old in 3 days. We also picked up a pie from the Elegant farmer for our evening with some friends.
Saturday evening we went over to our friends the Buntrock's house. They have two little boys, Casey who is two and Caleb is almost 4 months old. Our friends the Tulley's were there also. They have a daughter named Lauren who is about 4 weeks old. It was the first time we all got to see Lauren. What a sweet little girl.
So, Jacob and Casey are both 2 and they are both potty training. I took Jacob to the bathroom to go potty and Casey joined us. If you ever want to be entertained go into the bathroom with two little boys and a truck book. Jacob is not the quickest, so Casey sang us I Have the Joy in My Heart. Then they started to look at a truck book. they were naming the trucks and sliding the panels to see what trucks were below the panels. Then they came to a skid steer. Jacob insists to call them "bobcats". Jacob called it a bobcat, I called it a skid steer and Casey said, "No, it is a small escavator." I said no, it is a skid steer and Jacob said very seriously, "No mom, it is a small escavator." Like Casey knows what it is and mom you have no clue. So, I was outnumbered by two year olds.
Jacob and Casey enjoyed playing together, they were so fun to watch. Ben kept watching them and trying to keep up, but since he can only crawl backwords, he couldn't get very far.

No comments: