Monday, October 13, 2008

Waiting....
We had another doctor appointment for Josh today. I was not planning on going to this appointment, but then thought maybe I should. The boys and I decided to meet Josh for lunch at Noodles and then we went to the doctor appointment. The doctor pretty much told us what he had told us at the last appointment. It is a Bosniak 2F renal cyst. Typically 2f's they watch to see if there is any change or not over time. If there is change they remove it, if not they leave it as is and assume it is a simple cyst. So now we wait for six months and then they will do another CT scan and an ultrasound. The doctor was going to do a MRI, however since Josh had such a reaction to the one last week, he is opting to do the CT scan and ultrasound. I was having a difficult time with the thought of waiting and with having the surgery. Now it is time for me to put my faith into action and trust that God has it all worked out. To remind myself that He is in control. God doesn't promise that life as a follower of Him will be easy. However, he does promise to be our rock and fortress.

Psalm 18:2
"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

Psalm 19:14
"May the words of my mouth and the meditiations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Psalm 20
"May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion.
May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings.
May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
We will shout for joy when you are victoriousand will lift up our banners in the name of our God.
May the Lord grand all your requests.
Now I know that the Lord saves his annointed; he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand.
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.
O Lord, save the king!
Answer us when we call!"

This prayer is David's prayer for victory in battle. I find great comfort in the verses above and I claim them as my prayers. As Josh and I face the battle of the unknown, we have comfort that God has it all worked out. It will not be easy, but there is hope.

No comments: