Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Ben-Ben!!!
Benjamin turned 1 on February 15th!! We celebrated his 1st birthday on Sunday February 15th at our house. Great Grandma Schultz, Great Grandpa Schultz, Grandma Pat, Grandma Tom, Nana, Papa, Uncle Tom, Aunt Alisha, Great Aunt Julie, Great Uncle Jeff, cousin Kim and cousin Ali joined us for the celebration. I took on the initiative to make his birthday cake. It took a while to decide what to do, but we decided to go with a farm theme.
Jacob and Benjamin went up to Grandma Pat and Grandpa Tom's house after the party. I was signed up to go to the Commercial Code Review in Madison, the following day I had a company wide engineering meeting also in Madison. On my way up to pick up Jacob and Benjamin, I stopped to see my grandparents. My grandmother had pneumonia and my grandfather has Alzheimer's. I was very glad to get to my parents house and see Jacob and Benjamin. Benjamin would not let me out of his sight. He had fun at Grandma and Grandpa's house, but he did miss mommy and daddy.
Benjamin started to take some steps just after his birthday. He still prefers to crawl, but slowly he walks more and more.
Benjamin, I love your smile. I love how you smile and blink your eyes when you know what your going to do is something you know you shouldn't. I love your curly hair that I never know what to do with. I love how you think that you can hide something behind your back and think I can't see it. I love your excitement for Molly. I love how you look up to Jacob and what to do what he does (most of the time). I love how excited you get when daddy gets home. I love your enthusiasm to play and wrestle. You love to eat and you couldn't wait to eat what everyone else was eating. You are a sweet little boy and I can't believe you are one. I feel like I blinked and you turned one. You are a gift from God and we are so thankful that God choose to bless us with you. We love you!!!


No comments: