Friday, March 27, 2009


January - Financial Peace
In January, we made a difficult decision to step down from our ministries at Spring Creek Church. We love Spring Creek Church, but we were hoping to find a church were we could connect with people who lived in our area. Since January we have been attending Fox River Christian Church, which is just down the road from our house. Josh had participated in a couple of men's basketball leagues the past couple of years and has always felt welcomed there.
We also decided to attend the Financial Peace University thru the church. I also started to attend a Tuesday morning group called "Momtime". Both have been a huge blessing to Josh and I. I have wanted to attend the Financial Peace Class for some time. Josh went to the class somewhat reluctantly. We still have a large amount of school loans from MSOE that we have not been able to make extra payments on. Even though we paid off our credit card bill every month, we still never seem to have any extra to pay extra on our loans. Needless to say, we have used the tools from the class and it has revolutionized our finances. We also were able to pay almost $2,000 dollars on the smallest of the loans!!! How cool is that. Josh is now a huge fan, even after being such a skeptic. We would encourage everyone to attend a Financial Peace University Class!!

We also got two potty chairs for Jacob. Yeah... I feel like we will be forever potty training. I stopped stressing about it. So many people have told me that once their sons turned three they just decided they were going to do it. So, I have till July. Jacob loves to sit on the potty and watch T.V. Maybe not the best of incentives. Here Ben is trying out the potty chair. He thinks that if Jacob is doing it, I should be doing it too.

No comments: