Thursday, February 7, 2008

8 Days and Counting

I thought with the big snow storm and the urge to clean my house, that the baby might decide to arrive early. However, he has not arrived yet. Josh got a little nervous when he came home on Tuesday night to find me cleaning like crazy and knowing the snow storm was coming.
Josh stayed home on Wednesday and worked from home. He shoveled twice, once in the morning and once at night. I think everything in the Milwaukee area except for hospitals were closed. Jacob kept looking out the window and said, "Snowing, Snowing" He also couldn't figure out why dad was home and wasn't playing with him. He kept yelling up to the office, Daddy, Daddy.
Today has been an adventure as usual. Molly threw up this morning. Here is a 9 month pregnant lady pulling her 60+lb. dog into the kitchen so she doesn't throw up on the carpet. She is like a little kid, she has medicine for allergies she has, however she doesn't always take it. She can eat all her food and spit the medicine out. So, she licks her paws like crazy that are swollen due to allergies and then she throws up. We love our dog, she is great with Jacob, but some days I feel like I have two toddlers in the house.
I have had suspicion that Jacob's two year molars are coming in. Today, I think it is a pretty sure thing, I caught him chewing on the handle of a sippy cup. Then before I put him to bed he grabbed a washcloth out of the clean pile and started chewing on it. I guess if he is not going to be sleeping well through the night, now is as good of time as any.
So not sleeping well through the night can make you a little over tired during the day. My friends Becky C. and Becky S. who I used to live with, before I was married to Josh, use to think it was so funny how I would get really giddy when I was overtired. Well, Jacob has inherited that trait. Before I put him down for his nap he was giggling at everything. He looked at himself in the mirror and thought it was hilarious.
Tomorrow, I have a Ultrasound, NST and doctors appointment. So we will see approximately how big this little boy is and see if there is any possibility that I will have him early.

No comments: