Monday, February 11, 2008


Eagle Eyes

The adventures of Toddlerhood. Yesterday Jacob decided he wanted to taste what the Cascade dishwashing soap tasted like. Josh and I were right there, I was cleaning out the dishes from the dishwasher and not all of the detergent had emptied out of the cup. Usually I close the lid before he can get to it, unfortunately, I had not gotten to it before he did. He must of dipped his fingers into the remaining detergent and then stuck it in his mouth of course. He was taking his fingers out of his mouth when we caught him, I at first thought he threw up, oh no, we smelled his mouth and it had a hint of detergent smell. I frantically, read the bottle directions. So we cleaned his mouth and gave him a glass of milk per the directions. Called the pediatrician and the poison control center. Josh checked his mouth for burns, while I talked to the poison control center nurse. He thankfully had not gotten that much, so we needed to watch him and she called us back in a couple of hours to see how he was doing. He did not show any signs of trouble and he ate and drank a ton, so she said he was out of the clear. Praise the Lord! This was all after he poured out a 1/4 gallon of water on the floor after we got home from church. The joys of Toddlerhood, what happens when I do ......
I was hoping that today would be uneventful, unfortunately, I was wrong. We did pretty well we built a city our of legos, played with his buckets and his basket ball. Then I was getting lunch ready and went to the buffet cabinet to get out a cup of canned fruit and as I was shutting the door Jacob was next to me and I heard a cry. Here he had stuck his little finger in the corner of the door as I was shutting it. Now don't I feel like a horrible mother. We will see if Grandma Pat and Grandpa Tom can keep eagle eyes on Jacob this weekend. We will see if Uncle Andy gave them enough training to keep up with Jacob.

No comments: