The Adventures of Jacob and Benjamin!!
I am finally caught up on my blog!! So, what adventures happened in the Toepfer home this weekend. It was the first swim class of the season on Saturday. Ben was a little nervous in the water, which kind of surprised us. He was a fish in the water last fall, plus he loves playing in the bathtub. The teacher said that he is at the age where kids form a fear of the water, it is totally normal and he should get better. Jacob was splishing and splashing away. Josh barely held on to him, he was doing pretty well on his own.
We took a quick trip to Walmart to pick up a few things and picked up Subway for lunch. As soon as we got home Jacob threw up. Josh mentioned he had swallowed quite a bit of pool water. O.K. not a huge deal, he has a sensitive gag reflex and throws up easily. I am not sure what we were thinking, but we let him eat lunch and then put him down for a nap. He kept telling Josh he was mad. I think actually his tummy hurt and he didn't feel good, but his tummy must hurt when he is mad also. After he woke up from his nap he threw up again. Since we were not sure if it was too much pool water or the flu we kind of confined ourselves home. We limited Jacob to fluids and soda crackers.
After chicken noodle soup for lunch on Sunday we thought things were getting better. Which they were for Jacob, but poor Benjamin has had a tramatic two days. Sunday after lunch Josh was holding his hands and he was walking with him. Benjamin let go and fell down. Josh didn't realize he had a Thomas the train whilstle in his mouth. Benjamin fell down, started screaming. Josh picked him up, I looked at him, and blood was starting to come out of his mouth. Finally we calmed him down and got the bleeding to stop. He injured the roof of his mouth just behind his top middle teeth. He fell asleep after being so upset and it was nap time. When he woke up he must have had some more bleeding. Josh kept saying he was fine, I am on the opposite extreme, so I called the pediatrician. Really I was ready to take him to at least the walk-in clinic. So, we compromised. She said he should be fine. It would take at least 5 days to heal, give him medicine for the pain, and try to give him soft foods. Did I mention Ben likes to eat... a lot. So, pretty much besides playing he was my sidekick all evening.
This morning I thought, he slept through the night, things are looking good. He ate breakfast fine, bananas and an eggo waffle (it was pretty soft). Then he played most of the morning and bugging his brother. We ate lunch, turkey, cheese, mandarine oranges, turkey, more eggo waffle, yougurt. Like I said he eats a lot. We were just about to go up for nap time and Bejamin fell by his little Fisher Price play tent. More screaming and more blood!!! So, I calmed him down and got the bleeding stopped. He bit his bottom lip this time and looked like he might have reinjured the top of his mouth again. One of his tooth seemed a tiny loose so I called the pediatrician again. The nurse recommened seeing our dentist or a pediatrician dentist. So, tomorrow we have an appointment with a pediatrician dentist. They said that there is not much that they can usually do, but it would be good to check the damaged tissues. Like I always say, there is never a dull moment in the Toepfer household. Especially with two young boys in the house!!
No comments:
Post a Comment