Monday, April 27, 2009


Sick once again...
Once again the Toepfer boys are sick. Last week was a busy week, we went to the Library, we met daddy for lunch a couple of days, we visited old friends at Ring & Du and we went to the zoo!! We had swim class on Saturday morning and since it was raining we took a quick trip to Rockford to see Nana, Papa and Alisha.
Friday afternoon Jacob looked like
he had gotten sunburn. I was stumped because I had put suntan lotion on him. Well, what looked like sunburn turned into a rash. Then we thought he was allergic to the sunscreen. However the rash was not going away. Saturday late afternoon we called the pediatrician to see if we could give him Benedryl and how much. She said that it might not be a reaction to the sunscreen, it might be something viral or strep throat. I was still thinking it was a reaction to the sunscreen, however Sunday morning Ben woke up with a rash. The thing that confused Josh and I is that the rashes looked different. So we kept them home from church. Jacob was so bummed to miss Sunday school class. Then I decided not to go meet with some friends. One of our friends has cancer and we were hoping to catch up, however, I remember with my aunt how critical it is. So, not knowing exactly what was going on I decided not to go. Becky and Brian thankfully did take our dear friend some meals!!
So this morning I took both boys into the pediatrician, half thinking and hoping nothing was wrong and that it was just the reaction to the sunscreen. Unfortunately, they both had red and enlarged tonsils, congestion, rashes and Benjamin had 103.1 temperature Sunday evening and did not sleep through the night. The doctor did a strep test on both of them. The rapid test came back negative but she did sent it in for the two day test. So she said to treat them for a viral illness: warm fluids or really cold fluid, popscicles and motrin for the sore throats. So once again the Toepfer boys are ill. Hopefully their little bodies fight it fast and we can have healthy boys again. They really have to stop sharing their germs.

No comments: