Update on Josh
This morning Josh had his CT scan, X-ray and Ultrasound. He said that they did not tell him anything. We will have to wait until the doctor calls Josh to find out what the next steps will be. It was a very long morning and Josh wanted to spend some time with us. God knew we needed him at home today. This morning Jacob woke up with pink eye. He also complained his ear hurt. So, after deciding whether or not to take him into the doctor again this week, I called and made an appointment for him with Dr. Esser our pediatrician. The appointment was not till early this afternoon, so I decided I could try and get some cleaning done this morning since Grandma Pat, Grandpa Tom and Uncle T.J. were coming to our house for Easter.
I was trying to clean the windows when Josh came home. Josh decided to eat breakfast and the boys had a snack with him. While I was cleaning one of the windows one of the screens was coming out of the track and Josh came over to look at it. Jacob had gotten down from his chair and went over by Benjamin. He grabbed the Windex spray bottle and proceeded to spray his little brother in the face with it. Ben was screaming, Jacob was laughing (He later said he thought it was water). We were steps away. I turned on the water, we grabbed Benjamin and doused him in the water for a couple of minutes, then we pulled him out to let him catch his breath. The poor little boy. I called poison control center immediately, they told us to put him in the shower for another 10 minutes to wash his eyes so that any chemical that could have gotten to the back of the eyes would be rinsed. So Josh took him into the bathroom and rinsed his eyes, it was the longest 10 minutes ever. Benjamin was such a trooper, he just kept looking like what just happened. He threw up and everything it was just awful. We got him out and warmed up, dressed him and just held him. After twenty minutes or so, he wanted to play with daddy and Jacob. The poison control center called back and asked how he was. I told them that he threw up and she said that was totally expected. She said to watch out for drainage or puss from his eye, but otherwise he should be fine.
Then we did lunch and Jacob and I headed to Dr. Esser's office to get him checked out. I told Dr. Esser about it and he said that he thought that Windex would be deluded enough that the amonia should not have damaged Ben's eyes. He is on call this weekend and told us to call with any problems. Jacob does have pink eye, but his ears look great. So, now he has some drops for his eyes to take care of the pink eye. I will not be washing or cleaning anything unless the boys are sleeping or gone. At least for some time.
We will update on Josh once the doctor contacts us. Thank you so much for your prayers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment