Friday, April 10, 2009

Tuesday
What can I say for Tuesday 4/7/09. I was planning to have a somewhat uneventful Tuesday going to "Momtime" and taking Benjamin to his pediatric dentist appointment for his recent injuries from Sunday and Monday. However, while I was drying Jacob off after bath time I noticed a rash on his arm. I thought it might be ring worm, but it did not have a ring around it. I had a nasty ring worm infection I got on my head after I fell off the monkey bars in elementary school. So, in my mind picturing the horrible experience I had, I called the doctor to make sure it was not ring worm. Also, to make sure it was not contagious. So, we hung out at home for a bit before we took Jacob to his morning doctors appointment, with just enough time to meet Josh for a quick lunch and rush out to Hartland to make Benjamin's dentist appointment.
Ben had bitten Jacob almost a month ago and it was a pretty deep. Benjamin had broken through the skin and Jacob has a hard time leaving things alone. Needless to say, the doctor said, he didn't think it was ring worm since there was no outer ring. He did feel that it was impetigo though. He said that human bites are not as bad as animal bites, for example cat bites. However, if the skin was broken and Jacob rubbed at it with dirty hands, he probably infected it that way. So, he gave us some antibotic ointment and sent us on our way. He said if it didn't get better that it may be ring worm, but he highly doubted it.
Benjamin's appointment went well also. The dentist was great, he talked tractors with Jacob and kept trying to get Benjamin to smile. Benjamin did great and cried only a little bit. (Dr. Esser our pediatrician would be jealous, Ben screams bloody murder at his office). The dentist said that his tooth may turn gray, but it did not look like he cut off all of the blood supply to his loose tooth. He highly doubted that it would fall out and said he should be fine. Benjamin does have an underbite, so when he bites down he could injure it again and cause more bleeding. The injury was right at the gum line.
On our way home I stopped by Waukesha North High School to drop off the keys for Josh. It was kind of sad to officially add that chapter of his life. He really enjoyed coaching the girls. It is too bad it turned out the way that it did.

No comments: